There is hope for depression, anxiety, trauma, relationship struggles and other issues. There are so many challenging issues that come up in life and none of us is immune. But there is hope. Therapeutic support can help you get through these challenges.
I went into the field of Marriage and Family therapy to learn what psychology had to offer in addressing these issues and to integrate what I learned with the faith and values of Christianity to help people. Over the last few years I have had the privilege of coming alongside others, sharing their burdens and using therapy to bring healing and hope. At CER I look forward to continuing to provide therapeutic support and to integrate faith in this process with those clients who wish to do so.
Perhaps you are an adoptive family. Adoption is wonderful, but adoptive families may face challenges that non-adoptive families might never fully understand. While adoption is an area of special interest to me, I welcome the opportunity to work with all families. Whether your children are adopted, biological or both, therapy can help you make the most of your unique family.
My training in EFT, EMDR and other therapeutic approaches has given me effective tools to address the above issues and to help individuals, couples and families find joy and peace.
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern, Mental Health Systems, CalWORKs program
- Provided individual therapy to clients suffering from anxiety, depression and the effects of trauma.
- Provided couples and family therapy, improving attachment and communication
- Provided group therapy, including: Strategies for managing and alleviating depression
- Provided group therapy, including:Strategies for managing and alleviating anxiety
- Provided group therapy, including:Psychoeducation and coaching on effective parenting
- Provided group therapy, including:Psychoeducation on healthy relationships
Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee, Mental Health Systems, North Inland Mental Health Clinic
- Provided assessment and diagnoses for incoming clients
- Provided individual therapy to clients suffering from depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Provided couples therapy
- Provided group therapy
Court Appointed Special Advocate, Voices for Children
- Advocated for children in the foster care system
Education and Training
- EMDR -- attended Part I and Part II training
- 2012 International Conference on Violence, Abuse and Trauma
- 2012 EFT Externship
- MA, MFT, Alliant International University
- BA, English, California State University, Fullerton
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences,
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, #LMFT 83952