I enjoy helping others reach their full potential by gaining courage and confidence while also learning ways to overcome the obstacles life can bring. Such as a loss of a loved one whether unexpectedly or naturally, issues with marriage or family relationships, divorce, health changes or addictions. My goal is to support my clients through a difficult time, help them to have hope, and tap into their inner resilience.
I want to make a positive impact in the lives of my clients by helping them learn about how they connect in the important relationships in their lives and their need for closeness. I want to help them gain insight where the disconnection might be and how to heal it. I hope to create a safe space for them to explore their inner emotional needs and support them in their painful experiences through to healing.
I have experience with complicated grief. My heart is to walk along side those that have been affected by violent or unexpected death. At a time when their pain is unbearable, and hold a safe place for them to share their deep pain and heal. I have been trained in EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing), a model that research shows helps with PTSD and trauma.
I have advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy. I attended the Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) Externship in San Diego, and I currently participate in an ongoing monthly consultation with the Trainers in EFFT. EFT for couples and families helps to create security in relationships.
Education and Training:
- M.A. in Clinical Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy Azusa Pacific University
- B.S. in Psychology, Minor in Child Development San Diego State University
- EFT Externship, Participated in Core Skills Parts 1-4, Broken bonds workshop
- EFFT Externship, participate in consultation monthly
- Gottman Marriage and Relationship Training –Part I & II
- EMDR – Eye movement Desensitization Reprocessing Completed Part I & II
- Individual Therapy
- Family/Couples Therapy
- Grief Counseling
- Group Therapy for Violent Loss
- Depression or Anxiety Therapy
- Supervised by Donald W. Welch, Ph.D., MFT #MFC 50129